Title: Marketing Manager
Reporting to: CEO
Who are we?
Airship is a SaaS company based in the iconic Park Hill development overlooking Sheffield centre. We’re a friendly bunch and enjoy what we do, we keep our team informed of progress and recently received investment from the Northern Powerhouse investment fund via Mercia Tech to help get to the next level.
We have two platforms that help our customers generate revenue:
Airship (airship.co.uk) is a data driven loyalty engine specifically designed for hospitality operators. We bring together all the clients data feeds and provide marketing tools that drive an ROI through automation and campaign tools. We have specific tools that help our clients understand and affect the visit frequency of their customers.
Toggle (usetoggle.com) enables clients to generate pre-sold revenue through the sale of gifts, experiences and promotions. It launched in October 2018 and has quickly grown to be a leader in the sector with over 50 customers across 500+ locations.
Collectively, our products are used in over 1200 locations nationwide from larger groups such as Rosa’s Thai, Revolution Bars, Byron, Roadchef and The Alchemist through to many independent operators.
We are a team of 20 and are now ready for a Marketing Manager to help us reach our next level of growth.
What we need (and you need to know…)
We need help. We need someone to come into the business and take ownership of our external voice. Until now, we have been doing this to the best of our ability ourselves amongst our ‘main’ jobs. We have skills within the business to get to a finished thing, but it takes too long and the quality falls short because of lack of focus and resource.
We need someone to give us momentum, content, strategy and project planning around our marketing efforts. We’re really excited by the opportunity to bring someone on whose daily focus is this – we can’t wait to see what you can do. You’ll be working closely with the CEO, CXO and Product Owner to formulate plans and projects. You’ll then be working across the business to pull together content and expertise to assemble your vision. You’ll be responsible for putting it out there, and then understanding how well it did. Your work must be the result of a deep understanding of the audience, and our own business aims.
When you join, we’ll not delay on immersing you in Airship, Toggle and the industry. This deep understanding of not only what the products are, but what they mean to our customers, is vital. We’re supportive, informal and love what we do; but we’re driven – we expect you to be the same.
Airship is a growing force in the sector. We’re well known and highly regarded, but that’s been built up over the years predominantly through face to face. There is so much further we can go. This is a massively exciting time to join a company that’s looking to grow rapidly – you’ll be instrumental in making that a success.
What will you be doing?
This is a hands on role. Roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. Key to the role is content; ensuring that we are making the best use of all our available channels to tell the industry about us and the great results that we drive for our customers and partners.
- Building a strategic content plan
- Pulling together results from customers, building and distributing case studies
- Working with our partner network to deliver content and PR
- Updating website content for both platforms
- Ensuring that we are focussing our efforts in the most beneficial channels
- Updating our social channels
- Working closely with our CEO, CXO and Product Owner to build narrative around our brand and key messaging.
- Research our market and develop a customer acquisition strategy
Skills & Experience
We are looking for…
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Analytical approach to content creation, including the use of data.
- A creative mindset
- Excellent sales skills and a proven track record of achieving KPIs.
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- 3 years minimum experience in Marketing (both online and offline)
- Good understanding of formulating press releases and engaging publications
- A passion for your profession
- Be highly organised and able to react quickly to opportunities.
- Great organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to generate board level reporting and narrative.
It would be beneficial, though not essential if you also…
- Have some hospitality experience. We are hospitality focussed and therefore it would be useful to have an understanding of our audience, who they are and what the problems are that we solve for them.
- Have some experience working in the SaaS (Software as a Service) industry.
Salary & Benefits
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £24,000 – £30,000 depending on experience
- Job Location: Sheffield City Centre (5 mins walk from the train station)
- Holidays: 20 days holiday + bank holidays + an extra day holiday for each year worked with us
- Share Options: EMI Scheme in operation for team members
- Dog Friendly: If you’ve got one, it’s welcome.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com including an up-to-date copy of your CV and a covering letter.